Thursday, July 2, 2015


Easy by Tammara Webber

5/5 stars


I absolutely loved this book. The quality of the relationship, the characters, the well-done background. WOW Webber outdid herself. Please know that there is attempted rape scenes and rape on another character, in case anyone needs a trigger warning.

What I do love so much, though, is that the concept of rape is in no way glorified [as like some books]. It's put into a real perspective, along with the fact that it not ever being the victim's fault. I also like how Webber added a self-defense class and actual moves to use. Plus, Webber put rape and abuse hotlines and websites in the back of her book. Wow, do I love her for that.

The character of Lucas made me so happy. His background and past was obviously what made him who he was, which is hard to do well for a character. There was a lot to Lucas's character and wasn't overdone or seemingly cliche. It makes me want my own Lucas.

Along with the story itself, the romance is A+. It's realistic, not seeming childish, and didn't have aspects in it that couldn't happen in real life. It gives a reader an amazing example of how a relationship should be: between two people, not one. 

To me, Jacqueline wasn't whiny. She was intelligent an a go-getter. She made her own path and made sure she was safe instead of relying on other people for safety. Of course, she was babyish after her break-up with Kennedy, but the way Webber wrote her fall-out after it, it wasn't overdone or unrealistic. She was sad, but dealt with it and got past it instead of whining through the whole book about it. Kennedy wasn't for her, so she didn't pine after him. 

All-in-all, I loved this book a lot and wouldn't mind reading another one of Webber's books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment