Tuesday, April 28, 2015


Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel




It took me a little bit to finish this book and I probably didn't internalize a lot of the content because of the way it was written. My rating skipped around, but I've finally settled on 2 1/2 stars.

Now let me start off by saying that I did enjoy this book. It was a much more original aspect to vampires and showed the pain behind being a vampire for so long. Maizel did a good job with creating this story, but I really think she could have and should have done much more with it. The story felt just a little bit rushed. The climax of the story didn't last very long at all. There was little action to the book. The main character, Lenah, was the most detailed, albeit she is the main character. I felt like her person was way more detailed than the rest of the characters. Of course, you want to put focus on the main character, but I felt like Maizel could and should have put a lot more into the rest of the characters. 



Now let's move on to the romance aspect of the book.



I couldn't get into the romance whatsoever. It seemed rushed to me, too much like insta-love and not enough building to a relationship. I didn't feel like Lenah and Justin grew to each other, more of, "Oh, you're pretty, I love you. I barely know you, but I know I love you." I couldn't grow on the pair just because there wasn't enough between them at all. I honestly saw more potential of a romance between Lenah and Troy because there was more growing of a relationship with them. Troy had much more character to him. Sorry, but Justin was still more high-schoolish. [Yeah, the book is set in a high school, but come on].



But, all in all, Maizel did a decent job of writing this book. I like the aspect of it and the originality-ness to her vampires. Holy water and crosses don't work because "...vampires were before Christ." That actually makes a lot of sense.



No comments:

Post a Comment