Thursday, August 20, 2015





Vanished in the Night by Eileen Carr

3/5 stars

So I finished this book a little while ago, but got caught up in life that I've just had now to write out a review! Sorry!

Vanished in the Night is written about a cold case popping back up. A decomposed body turns up in a construction site, which turns out to the body of Veronica's brother who had gone missing years before. Although there is much more to what happened than just what happened in the past; there's murders happening around town that the police can't piece together. 

I did like this book, though I had to focus on how things were written and described. I got it off of BookOutlet under their romance section, and don't get me wrong, there is romance in it, but I wouldn't put it under romance books. Vanished in the Night focused more on the mystery/crime case aspect of the story than the romance between the two main characters, Veronica Osborne, a nurse, and police Sergeant Zach McKnight. There's little romance to it; I'd say 85% mystery, 15% romance.

The characters were well put together and didn't seem cliche to me. Zach, Veronica, and supporting characters all seemed real. Along with the fact that, even with a growing attraction, Zach and Veronica kept their heads in the game instead of unrealistically "caving to their fiery passions" in the middle of important happenings. 

By the end of the book I was satisfied. I enjoyed the ending, and just by how it ended. It made sense to me! The only reason I gave three out of five stars was that this really wasn't my type of book. Not sure how else to explain it, but I'm sure my fellow bookworms know what I mean! I do recommend reading it though if you like crime case books!










No comments:

Post a Comment