Tuesday, April 28, 2015


The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey


This book is fantastic!

Just absolutely fantastic! The beginning was a bit slow, but once the story really picked up, I was sucked into the world of The 5th Wave. The writing is very well done and you can really see the world around you with how Yancey describes it. I really enjoyed how he created the stages of the apocalypse and how they went about. The world he writes is a rainbow of wonderful [aside from the, you know, apocalyptic death]. 

 The characters are great and are also well written; they are honestly kids trying to be strong is a dystopian world. The characters aren't snore-worthy, too-teenagery people; they honestly make sense.  

The romance isn't insta-love.  Personally, I would have liked a little more growing in Cassie and Evan's relationship before love came about, but like I said, it isn't insta-love like a lot of YA books, so I won't complain. 

Definitely a worthwhile read if you like aliens and dystopian apocalypses. There just aren't enough alien books in the world. I just cannot wait to read what happens next. 


No comments:

Post a Comment